The fuel pump is the auto component responsible for transferring gasoline from the fuel tank to the internal combustion engine. It should be self-explanatory enough.
Gasoline engines require fuel to run. A fuel pump is designed to pump fuel out of the tank and into the engine’s cylinders. If the pump fails or malfunctions, it would cause significant problems for the operation of the vehicle.
Bad Fuel Pump Symptoms
Below are the top 4 symptoms of a bad fuel pump.
1) Strange Sounds – Whining or humming sounds will come from your fuel tank if the pump stops working correctly. It indicates your pump cannot extract fuel from the tank properly. It will start with a low volume humming sound and eventually progress to a loud whining sound.
2) Engine Startup Difficulties – Your engine needs fuel to run. If fuel cannot get pumped, the engine will not start. The early warning signs might include a slow startup or a couple of tries before it starts up. It indicates low pressure in the pump. It will soon turn into a permanent problem once the pressure is gone completely.
3) Engine Stalling – An engine stalls if it cannot get enough fuel. It causes your vehicle to lose its acceleration, electricity, power steering, power brakes and all other features dependent on the engine.
4) Overheated Engine – If your engine burns more air than fuel, it will start to overheat. You can tell by checking the temperature gauge on the dashboard of your vehicle. If the needle is closer to the red zone on the right, then your engine is overheated for sure.
Best Car Fuel Pump Brands
Given the important role of the fuel pump, it is normal for you to use the best fuel pump. For that reason, we have a list of top best aftermarket fuel pump brand below. These products will help you to get the best replacement for the original parts. Moreover, their top quality also improves your car performance.
Our Best Picks
Below are the top 5 best aftermarket fuel pump brands for your car:
1) CUSTONEPARTS E2157 New High-Performance Aftermarket Electric Intank Fuel Pump With Installation Kit
Another brand you also can trust is CUSTONEPARTS. You will love how this brand treats its fuel pump. They manufacture it using the best method. Their facility meets the ISO 9000 / ISO 9001 / ISO 9002 certification. The top standardization like this means the product has the best quality. Furthermore, they also have been tested before released to the market. This is all to reach the optimal performance as well as better durability.
Speaking about durability, this brand also uses the material that meets the OE standard. The material is an important element that provides this high durability feature. Furthermore, with the material that has a similar quality to the original part, you won’t have any problem after you install it.
This product comes in a complete set of packages. You get the fuel pump as well as the installation kit. Even though it includes the installation kit, we suggest that you don’t do it yourself. Ask the professional to help you to replace the old fuel pump with this product. That way you can prevent mistakes.
2) DWVO Fuel Pump Compatible with 2004-2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 3.7L 4.7L 5.7L
DWVO provides a fuel pump product that surpasses the compatibility and performance of the OEM part. thanks to the superb core design, this kind of quality can be achieved. The core is built in the most optimal design. It uses the fourth-generation turbopump for better flow. This pump design also allows it to operate with less noise and high power.
The core also gives it better acceleration for fuel atomizing. It improves fuel transportation to the engine when you turn on the engine. Thus, the start-up time for the engine is much shorter. The core component is also made using injection molding technology. This technology keeps the component uniformity at the highest level. therefore, this fuel pump improves fuel delivery’s efficiency.
In short, DWVO electric fuel pumps have a better ability to provide precise and powerful performance. And, with the injection molding technology, its component also has corrosion resistance. Plus, it lasts longer. These are everything that you need in a fuel pump to make it become the best choice for your car.
3) AEM 50-1000 High Flow In-Tank Fuel Pump
If you are looking for the best fuel pump for forced induction EFI vehicles, this AEM product is the best choice. AEM is known for its high-performance product. The best of all, its product is available at an affordable price. Compared to other fuel pumps with similar performance, this one is priced almost half of those products’ prices. Therefore, this is one of the best choices for you who have a limited budget.
As for this fuel pump, one of the most impressive features is its power rating. It reaches 43 PSI power ratings which can facilitate the high horsepower engine. The design also provides better fuel flow than a standard OEM fuel pump. It has everything that you need for better performance and an affordable price.
4) CUSTOM Genuine 255LPH High Flow Electric Intank Fuel Pump With Installation Kit CSTP-342
CUSTOM offered one of the high flow electric in-tank fuel pumps that have high capabilities. It provides good performance for vehicles with 800 horsepower engines. As for the turbocharged engine, this fuel pump can even survive for 750 horsepower output.
As mentioned before, the flow rate is the main feature of this product. And, as you can see, it has a 340LPH/40 PSI flow rate, which is much higher, compared to the standard fuel pump. This feature produces better fuel injection to the engine, which improves the engine performance.
The best of all, this fuel pump work on various types of models. It may need a small adjustment. But, overall, you can install and replace your old fuel pump without any problem.
5) TOPSCOPE E3501M Fuel Pump for Pickup Chevy CHEVROLET Silverado GMC Sierra
TOPSCOPE Automotive Components is the name you can count on in the automotive part industry. They have been producing so many high-quality car components. And, their fuel pump is no exception. This product is one of the best examples of that. The performance, material, design as well as the usage is very satisfying.
As for material, TOPSCOPE stated that they only use the best quality material. This material even can be compared with the OEM material. So, you can expect a good performance from this fuel pump. Furthermore, the material also allows you to adjust this product with the correct specification of the car. Thus, we can see that there won’t be any abnormality or problems when you install it in your car.
Another great thing about TOPSCOPE’s product is its test stage. All products, including this fuel pump, have been tested multiple times. Of course, the released version is those that 100% passed the test. This is the reason why this brand always comes with a great product.
- Top 5 Best Cordless Electric Grease Guns
- Top 5 Best Micrometer Brands (Digital and Analog)
- Top 7 Best Vernier Caliper Brands
All products we mentioned above mostly have better performance and compatibility than the original parts. However, we don’t recommend you change the original fuel pump that still working well. Make sure that you use the product from the best aftermarket fuel pump brand in the list when you need the fuel pump replacement. You will get not only a compatible replacement. But, those products will also improve your car performance.